Have a question that you can't find the answer for on our website? Below are a list of the commonly asked questions we get at Skirmish Airsoft. Everything from the times we run games, to the FPS of the airsoft guns.
However, there might be a question that isn't answered here or one that has been missed off. If that is the case, then all you have to do is get in touch with us and we'll answer your question and place it on here.
- What is airsoft?
- Airsoft is a sport that was developed by the Japanese in the late eighties to replace the popular sport of paintball, which had long been criticised for a lack of realism, high cost of the associated equipment (especially ammunition). Airsoft proposed an answer to all of these concerns: Airsoft replica weapons are legally described as ‘toys’ and have been manufactured to closely resemble their real counterparts, both in size and weight, with most of them working on both single shot and fully automatic using a simple piston driven by a battery powered electric motor. Due to the forces required to fire a 1’ diameter paintball, bruising is hence a common side effect from the impact. Airsoft BB’s are only 0.20G in weight and therefore the force required to fire them is considerably less, hence the effects of impact are negligible (an Airsoft BB will not break human skin even at close range).
- Is it dangerous?
- When airsoft replica weapons are used properly under supervised conditions the answer is quite simply no. Of course common sense precautions such as eye protection are highly recommended and our sites most certainly enforce this vigorously. Of course airsoft guns are also classed as replica firearms and all care should be taken in accordance with the current law.
- Can an airsoft replica weapon be converted into a real weapon?
- Absolutely NOT! Although they look the same as their original counterparts, they are produced as toys from either hard ABS plastics or mild metal alloys. Internal parts are not even remotely the same as real weapons and original gun parts cannot be made to fit.
- Does it hurt?
- In comparison to paintball, airsoft doesn't hurt. However, if you're close to the person shooting at you then it might make you jump if you get hit.
- What time do the games run?
- Our site opens at 8:30AM and games will until 4PM.
- How much is the deposit I'll need to pay?
- £15 per head deposit will secure your gun till 10am and the balance can be paid on arrival. However if you do not arrive by 10am the gun will be released and your deposit forfeited.
- What happens if I pay in full?
- If you pay in full, in advance, then your gun will be secured all day.
- Is food available?
- Yes, you can purchase hot and cold snacks on site throughout your day with us.
- What is the FPS site limit
- The site FPS limit for all standard weapons is set at 370 FPS. The limit for any bolt-action weapon and sniper rifles is set at 500 FPS.
- How many players do I need for a private game?
- For a private game at Skirmish Airsoft, you'll need a minimum of 20 players.
- Whats the minimum age to play at Skirmish Airsoft?
- The minimum age to play at our site is 12 years old. You'll need to have a parental consent form signed which can be found in our downloads section.
- What happens if the weather is bad?
- Because all our weapons are weather proof and we have undercover seating areas, then we just carry on as normal. If there is torrential rain then we might pause a game until it passes.
- Am I insured to play at Skirmish Airsoft?
- Yes, you are. We have a £5 million public liability insurance cover along with being a UKARA registered site which gives you added protection.
- What shall I do if I want to buy my own gun?
- You must become a registered ukara member first. To become a ukara member you must play 3 times at a registered site in a period of no less than two months. Each visit your membership application form will be stamped. Once your form is complete with 3 stamps, it's your responsibility to send it to UKARA, where they will confirm you as a member. Once they have confirmed you're a member you can buy a weapon from an approved supplier. Application form can be downloaded from the downloads section of this website.
- Can I bring my own BB's
- If you're bringing your own equipment then yes, you can bring your own BB's. However, if you're renting equipment from us, then only BB's bought at our site can be used. This is due to quality assurance.
- How much are BB's on the day?
- We sell in the following amounts:
£8 for 3,000
£15 for 6,000
£20 for 9,000
- Do you sell pyrotechnics?
- Smoke bombs can be purchased on the day for £3. We also sell the MK5 thunder flash, which can be purchased for £3.
Minimum age is to purchase and set off pyrotechnics is 18. This means parents cannot purchase them for someone to use under the age of 18.
- Do you sell equipment on site?
- Yes we do, please call for more details. Our stock is growing rapidly and we're always adding to it so give us a call if you're interested.
- Is alcohol allowed on site?
- No. We do not allow any alcohol to be brought onto the site. Beer and gun's do not mix.